Formal Specifications—2 Algebraic
After reading this chapter, you should understand:
- Specification of Abstract Data Types
- Operations and their Syntax
- How an algibraic specification compares with VDM
- Axioms and Term Rewriting
- Pattern Matching and Unification
A specification, design, procedure, or test plan that will not fit on one page of 8.5-by-11 inch paper cannot be understood.
Absolute certainty about the fail-proofness of a design can never be attained, for we can never be certain that we have been exhaustive in asking questions about its future.