After reading this chapter, you should understand:
- How program execution can be abstracted through various program execution models
- The Functional Model of computation
- The Imperative Model of computation
- Proofs of Correctness for simple algorithms
- Efficiency of programs
- Recursive programs and considerations for efficiency
- Scope Rules
- Tail Recursion and its implications
- Program Design through Step-wise Refinement
No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation with detail.
There’s an easier way to do anything.