Chapter 8. Going Deeper into Unified Communications
The recipes covered in this chapter are as follows:
- Installing the Openfire instant messaging service
- Integrating Openfire with Asterisk IP-PBX
- Integrating VTiger CRM with Elastix
- Setting up video calls
- Dialing through MS Outlook
- Using Directories
- Configuring a speed dial list
- Enabling BLFs and hints
In this chapter, we will learn how to integrate Elastix's modules with the IP-PBX core in order to enable and expand the Unified Communications concept. The recipes included in this chapter cover the most used and preferred Unified Communications tools. These tools range from integrating chat, presence, video calls, and conferencing.
Installing the Openfire instant messaging service
Openfire is a real-time ...