Training/Learning and Development
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Discuss training and development trends.
• Conduct a comprehensive needs assessment.
• Differentiate between directed and nondirected learning methods.
• Identify advantages and disadvantages of distance learning.
• Distinguish between traditional classroom training and distance learning.
• Consider blended learning as a training alternative.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training.
• Identify the components of career development.
• Establish a mentoring program.
Adam Sterling, VP of HR for Woodland’s First Regional ...