Special Topic 4
INTERNATIONALIZATION OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- To understand the impact of internationalization on various sub-functions of HR.
- To learn the difference nuances of international recruitment selection, training, compensation, performance management and repatriation.
- To comprehend Hofstede's model of culture and learn to interpret culture maps to predict behaviour.
There are broadly three frameworks or perspectives which are used while discussing International Human Resource Management (IHRM). They are:
- The universalist perspective
- The culturalist perspective
- The institutionalist perspective
The universalist perspective assumes that although Human Resource Management (HRM) might be in different ...