Chapter 11 Self Test
1. How does Java’s multithreading capability enable you to write more efficient programs?
2. Multithreading is supported by the _________ class and the ________ interface.
3. When creating a runnable object, why might you want to extend Thread rather than implement Runnable?
4. Show how to use join( ) to wait for a thread object called MyThrd to end.
5. Show how to set a thread called MyThrd to three levels above normal priority.
6. What is the effect of adding the synchronized keyword to a method?
7. The wait( ) and notify( ) methods are used to perform _______________________.
8. Change the TickTock class so that it actually ...