Scoping Out Project Success
In This Chapter
- Why specific requirements are important to project success
- Six criteria of all good project goals
- Steps for establishing project goals
- Choosing a scope for a project that meets the project goals
- Creating the project charter
Even a good idea can turn into a bad project if its goals (also called objectives by some project managers) and scope are not clearly defined before major resources are committed to it. SMART project goals identify specific, measurable, agreed upon, realistic, and timely results. Different people can interpret fuzzy goals in different ways; thus, stakeholders may never ...