Closing Out the Project
In This Chapter
- Life after the project ends
- Reasons to close out a project
- The steps for closing a project
- Evaluating the lessons learned
- Conducting an after-implementation review
- Releasing the workforce
After you’ve successfully completed your project, the close-out phase is a time of celebration and accomplishment. Not every project ends gracefully, but all projects should have a distinct ending. Without a proper closing, some projects seem to just drift into operations without any formal recognition that the project completed its mission.
In this chapter, I’ll show you how to close out any project—especially ...