Critical Path and the Schedule
In This Chapter
- Determining the critical path
- Understanding dependencies between tasks using the network diagram
- Making important adjustments in complex project schedules
- Leveling the resource utilization
- How to adapt a project to meet a schedule
One of the pioneering efforts to show the interrelationships among activities on a project was undertaken by the E. I. Du Pont Company. In later publications about the project, Du Pont referred to the method as the critical path method (CPM). Du Pont tested the CPM in the construction of a major chemical plant and in several maintenance projects. In Chapter ...