Over the past decades China gained the reputation of being the world’s factory, focusing solely on manufacturing exports. This is about to change.
The role of e-commerce is tremendously important in the context of the Chinese government’s stated goal of relying less on exports to the recession-stricken West and focusing more on domestic consumption as a driver for further economic growth. China’s online population is currently the largest online population worldwide.
This book is aimed at assisting Western entrepreneurs, SMEs, investors and business students to understand and ideally enter the Chinese e-merging market. E-Commerce is an easy, fast, and cost-effective way of entering the Chinese market compared to more traditional ways of entry. It offers great opportunities for high profit gains to Western companies seeking to do business in China without the hurdle of heavy upfront investment.
This book is designed to work as a step-by-step guide to the online marketplace environment in China. It provides a detailed overview of the Chinese online market and proposes different strategies available to foreign companies. It contains practical advice, the latest data and relevant links for further reference that Western SMEs, investors, and entrepreneurs can use to establish their online presence in China.
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
- China’s E-Tail Revolution: Why China and Why Sell Online
- Online Consumer Behavior in China
- What Do They Value Most?
- How to Market Your Products and Services Online
- The Big Two: WeChat and Sina Weibo
- How to Market on Wechat
- How to Market on Weibo
- Tik Tok: A Newcomer
- The Taobao Phenomenon: Can You Beat the Giant?
- How to Sell Online
- Alternative Solutions
- Payment Methods
- Digital Laws and Regulations in China
- Key Strategies for Different Company Types
- Managing Practical Challenges
- The Future of E-Commerce and Technology in China
- The Future of Chinese Retail
- Post-pandemic China and the 5G Battle
- China Going Global
- Final Thoughts and Recommendations
- 2020 Digital China in Numbers
- Useful Links & References
- About the Author
- Title: The Chinese e-Merging Market, 2nd Edition
- Release date: April 2021
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781637420539
You might also like
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Data Science from Scratch, 2nd Edition
To really learn data science, you should not only master the tools—data science libraries, frameworks, modules, …