This is a book by a company that dislikes advertising as much as anyone. Nevertheless, it makes adverts. It has worked with global brands to produce fashion collections and promoted a town with a mass wedding. It creates advertising with more human, truthful communications. The company's name is KesselsKramer.
This book describes how to make something you like out of something you don't. As well as drawing on its own experiences, KesselsKramer listens and learns from those who doubt the advertising industry. Stefan Sagmeister explains how quitting work makes you better at working; Hans Aarsman discusses authenticity in image-making; and Alex Bogusky looks at ways to help capitalism grow up.
Advertising for People Who Don't Like Advertising is partly a creative handbook and partly an attempt to make the world a very slightly better place. It's intended for anyone who has ever hated a web banner or zapped an ad break.
Table of contents
- Copyright Page
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- 01. Hello.
- 02. Fairy Tales for Trend Spotters.
- 03. Why Now (Part 2).
- 04. A Brief History of Selling Stuff (According to KesselsKramer).
- 05. KesselsKramer (A Guide for Those Who’ve Never Heard of Us).
- 06. Death to a Bunch of Other People.
- 07. The Triumph of Small.
- 08. Small is Human.
- 09. KesselsKramer is Wrong.
- 10. KK Outlet.
- 11. Liberation Through DIY.
- 12. Interview with Erik Kessels.
- 13. Advertising from the Outside: Interview with Stefan Sagmeister.
- 14. Alex Bogusky’s Remora on the Underbelly of Capitalism.
- 15. Anthony Burrill in Pictures.
- 16. Hans Aarsman’s History of the Present.
- 17. Mark Fenske on Teaching Advertising like Aristotle.
- 18. Where Did All the Rebels Go? Interview with Steve Henry.
- 19. The Laws of Creativity and How to Mess With Them.
- 20. Goodbye.
- Picture Credits
- Title: Advertising for People Who Don't Like Advertising
- Release date: May 2012
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856698252
You might also like
The Elements of Resume Style, 2nd Edition
It's amazing the misinformation found in most résumé books! Scott Bennett has hired hundreds of people …
Entrepreneurship, Second Edition
Entrepreneurs who need to find the solutions to key challenges will turn to Bygrave. The second …
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing, 2/e
Staying true to its former edition 'Fundamentals of digital marketing (second edition)' is an honest attempt …
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …