This section shows retail stores and online distributors.
Following are some retail stores that may prove useful:
- Radio Shack (www.radioshack.com/)—This retail chain carries electronic components and has stores in most U.S. cities.
- Fry's Electronics (www.frys.com/)—This retail chain carries electronics components and has stores in nine states.
Following are some online distributors that may prove useful:
- Jameco Electronics (www.jameco.com/)—This is a medium-sized distributor that carries most of the components you'll need, with a reasonably sized catalog that you'll find easy to use to find components.
- Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com/)—This is a large distributor that carries a wide range of components with a nice ordering system on its website that lets you put together separate orders for different projects, which is handy if you're planning multiple projects. This distributor also does a good job of packaging, clearly labeling components for shipment.
- Digi-key (www.digikey.com/)—This is another large distributor with a broad selection of components. Digi-key may carry components that are difficult to find at smaller suppliers.