Book descriptionA Better Kind of Compliance Training
Compliance training succeeds when you balance the needs of not just the organization but also the employees who you hope will learn and change their behavior.
In Fully Compliant, Travis Waugh challenges traditional compliance training that simply ensures employees avoid the legal risk of failing to comply with a specific mandate. With an ever-increasing number of compliance subjects to address, such programs are unsustainable. Instead, organizations must design compliance programs that serve a higher, broader purpose and build robust, resilient cultures focusing on integrity and ethics learning. Optimal compliance programs are flexible and create real learning experiences that change real behavior, thus diminishing the chance of misconduct in the first place.
This book connects the three levers of human behavior―context, habits, and motivation―to compliance and how you can pull all three to create holistic training programs that do far more than check a box. It identifies ways to pick up small but meaningful wins in turning around an existing compliance program or designing a new course, which can turn stakeholders from skeptics into learning champions. And it offers an eight-step road map for implementing your own compliance learning plan.
With this book, you'll be able to:
• Create behavior-based compliance training that generates measurable benefits.
• Make compliance training more engaging and impactful, not one size fits all.
• Remain relevant as advances in technology shift compliance expectations in the years ahead.
By putting the learner first, you can develop compliance that sticks.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Part 1. The Law
Part 2. The Learners
- 4. The Rise of Real Learning
- 5. Opportunistic Analysis
- 6. Belief, Culture, and the Levers of Human Behavior
- 7. Shaping Context: How to Make Good Conduct Instinctive
- 8. Making a Habit of Compliance
- 9. Intrinsic Motivation and the Thrill of Problem-Based Learning
- 10. Branding, Measurement, and Other Ways to Make or Break Your Compliance Program
- Part 3. The Future
- Appendix 1. The Compliance Training Analysis Form
- Appendix 2. A Behavioral Training Plan Sample
- Appendix 3. A GDPR Habit Case Study
- Appendix 4. PBL Compliance Project Samples
- References and Resources
- About the Author
- Title: Fully Compliant: Compliance Training to Change Behavior
- Release date: June 2019
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: None
You might also like
Strategic Risk Management
This book presents a new approach to risk management that enables executives to think systematically and …
Enterprise Compliance Risk Management
The tools and information that build effective compliance programs Enterprise Compliance Risk Management: An Essential Toolkit …
Making Work Visible
"""In this timely book (title not final) by Information Technology time management expert Dominica DeGrandis, the …
Deep Learning Illustrated: A Visual, Interactive Guide to Artificial Intelligence
“The authors’ clear visual style provides a comprehensive look at what’s currently possible with artificial neural …