Chapter 12. Project Management
Whether you are developing your own product or taking on a new client project, the first issue that needs to be tackled is identifying how the end result will be created. For client work, this is more important because you will always be judged on how the client perceives you to be meeting their requirements and not on your actual performance. The right project management allows you to avoid this conflict of interest by prioritizing progression by focusing on:
- Priorities that are important to the success of the project.
- Aspects most noticeable to the client.
- Features that allow others to start making their contributions.
- Simplifying complexity of individual components.
- Versions to be produced for specific purposes.