After you read this chapter, you should be able to
- Understand the importance of job analysis to strategic human resources management (SHRM)
- Understand what a job analysis is
- Discuss the different SHRM purposes and uses for job analyses
- Discuss commonly used methods to conduct a job analysis
- Explain the different types of information about performing a job that can be identified through job analysis techniques
For organizations to remain competitive, they must accurately identify and forecast their human resources needs. They must assess past trends, evaluate their situation, and project what human resources they will need to meet the requirements of their strategic plans. Before informed decisions can be made about ...