Idea 28: Five steps in making a decision
1. Define the objective – Having recognized the need for a decision, specify the aim or objective.
2. Identify the factors – The factors are any circumstance, fact or influence that contributes to a result.
3. Develop options – List possible courses of action; generate ideas.
4. Evaluate and decide – List the pros and cons; examine the consequences; measure against relevant criteria; undertake trials; test against objectives; select the best.
5. Implement – Act to carry out the decision; monitor the decision; review the decision.