Idea 39: The committee of sleep
It is a common experience that a problem difficult at night is resolved in the morning after the committee of sleep has worked upon it.
John Steinbeck, author of The Grapes of Wrath
Should you find the decision a difficult one, leave it for a while and then have another go at:
- Listing the advantages and disadvantages.
- Examining the consequences of each course of action.
- Measuring against standards, criteria and values.
- Testing beside the yardstick of the aim or objective.
- Weighing the risks against the expected gains.
Then try leaving the decision again for your depth mind to work on it. It is capable of processing information both consciously and unconsciously received over time.
With regard to ‘people’ consequences ...