Most of languages allow other code from languages in their code. However, there are certain advantages as well as disadvantages.
The advantages are as follows:
- More functionality and variety
- Efficient code (if properly used)
- Useful for programmers because they can implement or reuse algorithms or functionality from a different language. Different languages have diff strong points.
The disadvantages are as follows:
- Execution is slow (if implementation improperly)
- Programmers need to know many languages
- Different language tools need to be installed
- Code becomes fragmented, sometimes difficult to understand