In This Chapter
• Understand the importance of defining a project correctly
• Learn what questions must be answered to properly define a project
• Understand how defining a project relates to planning a project
• Review the essential elements for a Project Definition document
• Learn how to determine whether a project has been properly defined
The journey begins...
The first stop on our journey down Project Management Boulevard is also the most important, because it builds the foundation for all other project management activities and sets the stage for our eventual project success (or failure).
The irony of this is that depending on your organization and industry, you (the project manager) might be the primary agent in ...