In This Chapter
• Understand the key principles of effective project planning
• Learn the important questions that project planning should answer
• Understand that a project plan is not a Microsoft Project file
• Review the essential elements for a project plan
• Find out how to develop a project plan
• Discover how to avoid the common project planning mistakes
The journey continues...
As is true with defining a project, project planning is essential for project success. In defining a project, we ensure that we agree on what we will do and who will be involved. In planning a project, we focus on how the work will be done. This involves both how the deliverables will be developed and how the project will be managed. Thus, ...