In This Chapter
• Clarify what we mean by “controlling” a project
• Understand why project planning is so important to controlling a project
• Learn the principles of an effective project control system
• Learn powerful techniques that simplify project control
• Understand why earned value management is the best technique for measuring project performance, yet the least used
• Review the essential principles of project status reporting
Now that we have our project plan, we are ready to implement it. From a project management perspective, implementing a project plan involves two general categories of activities: project execution and project control. These activities are performed in parallel to complete the work of ...