In This Chapter
• Find out why an effective issue management process is vital to project success
• Understand why the project manager is the most important element in the issue management process
• Understand the subtle differences between managing risks, issues, and defects
• Learn the key principles and best practices for managing project issues
• Find out which data points are essential to your issue management system
• Understand the limitations of the common Issue Log approach
Projects are dynamic; projects often deal with the “new” and the “leading edge”; and projects involve people. As a result, circumstances are going to change, misunderstandings occur, assumptions don’t hold, political agendas collide, problems ...