In This Chapter
• Understand why managing vendors is important to even first-time project managers
• Understand the key principles that lead to better vendor management
• Learn to avoid the common mistakes made on outsourced projects (they are not all due to the vendor)
• Review tips and techniques for both the client (buyer) and vendor (seller) organization and project manager
• Understand the key skills that have the greatest impact on managing vendor situations
• Learn contract fundamentals and how different contract types impact your approach
As more and more organizations look to focus on their core competencies and reduce their fixed operating costs, while simultaneously attempting to execute more projects, it is ...