In This Chapter
• Understand why managing risks is what project management is all about
• Learn the key principles of controlling project risks
• Discover the value of managing project risks in a systematic manner
• Find out the essential steps and tools for effective risk management
• Realize that there is a common set of project characteristics that are responsible for most project risks
• Understand why many project risks are actually self-inflicted during the project planning process
Managing project risks is the ultimate in proactive project management. It is the project manager’s radar system. The goal of project management is to achieve the project’s critical success factors, including meeting the targeted ...