In This Chapter
• Understand why the project schedule is vital to a successful project
• Review the process for creating a realistic schedule
• Learn the characteristics of a good schedule
• Learn how to avoid the common mistakes that even experienced project managers can make when building a schedule
• Review the options for effectively presenting your schedule to others
It’s funny, really. The one activity that the common person associates with project management is planning, and the main output from this planning effort is a schedule. Yet, it is a challenge to find a project manager who can develop one accurately. Although scheduling is one of the two primary technical aspects of project management, it ...