The Unique System of Nonverbal Skills Used by the Most Effective Leaders in Business Today
CONTROL THE CONVERSATION, COMMAND ATTENTION, AND CONVEY THE RIGHT MESSAGE--WITHOUT SAYING A WORD
Whether you're presenting an idea, delivering a speech, managing a team, or negotiating a deal, your body language plays a key role in your overall success.
This ingenious step-by-step guide, written by an elite trainer of Fortune 50 CEOs and G8 world leaders, unlocks the secrets of nonverbal communication--using a proven system of universal techniques that can give you the ultimate professional advantage. Learn easily how to:
- Successfully master the visual TruthPlane around you to win trust now.
- Gesture in a way that gains everyone’s attention— even before you speak.
- Appeal to others' deep psychological needs for immediate rapport and influence.
You'll discover how to sit, stand, and subtly alter your body language to move with confidence, control conversations, command attention, persuade and influence others, and convey positive energy—without saying a word.
It's the one key to success nobody talks about!
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Winning Body Language
- Copyright Page
- 1 Communication Is More than Words
- 2 What We Have Here Is a Failure to Communicate
- 3 Winning Trust with a Wave of Your Hand
- 4 Inspirational Influence out of Thin Air
- 5 Injecting Excitement into Your Gestures
- 6 Faces Tell the Whole Story
- 7 From Complex to Clear Body Language
- 8 Directing the Pull of Your Presence
- 9 Holding Your Audience’s Attention
- 10 All-Embracing Body Language
- 11 Position Yourself for Success
- 12 Moving Your Audience
- Concluding Thought
- Appendix: The GesturePlane System
- Further Reading and Resources
- Title: Winning Body Language
- Release date: April 2010
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9780071701648
You might also like
Brilliant Body Language
Take your communication skills to a whole new level and understand what people really think and …
Body Language Secrets to Win More Negotiations
The success of a negotiation is profoundly affected by how well you read body language. How …
Winning Body Language for Sales Professionals: Control the Conversation and Connect with Your Customer—without Saying a Word
PROVEN NONVERBAL STRATEGIES THAT WIN SALES When you are selling, the way you deliver your message …
The Nonverbal Advantage
The workplace is a “blink” world: studies show that we form opinions of one another within …