After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
1. define the theories of moral problems in business;
2. explain how moral philosophy develops;
3. differentiate between personal ethics and societal ethics;
4. identify ethical issues in lieu of codes of ethics;
5. determine appropriate situations for whistle-blowing;
6. explain the guidelines for ethical behavior.
If people are to work together successfully, they must agree to share common customs and standards of conduct. If they cannot agree on the tenets of ethical conduct, there will be no consensus on the organization’s behaviors. Many would defend the right of a sovereign society to govern itself. Therefore, the ...