Let's build a game of chess in Tkinter. If you already know the basic rules of chess, you are ready to write this program. However, if you do not know the rules, you should read them before you start programming this application.
Some of the key objectives of this chapter are as follows:
- Learning how to structure a program in a Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture
- Learning how to tame complexity by implementing programs in a modular structure
- Taking a look at the versatility and power of the Tkinter Canvas widget
- Learning the basic usage of canvas coordinates, object IDs, and tags
- Learning the recommended error-handling practices
- Learning how to extend Python's built-in data types
- Using object inheritance to code classes ...