By now, we have explored most of the important features of Tkinter. Let's use this chapter to explore aspects of programming that, though not core to Tkinter, are often encountered while writing GUI applications.
In this chapter, we will develop several small applications from different domains. The applications we will build here include:
- A snake game application
- A weather reporter application
- A port scanner application
- A chat application
- A phone book application
- An ultrasound distance scanner application
Some of the key objectives of the chapter are:
- To learn to use Queue module to avoid race conditions and other synchronization issues involved in writing multithreaded programs
- To understand the basics of data ...