"OK. I’ve got my Twitter account…now what can I do with it?" Sound familiar? #tweetsmart provides the answer with 25 creative projects to help your business, cause, or organization grow. But this isn’t just another social media marketing book—it’s the anti-marketing how-to community-engagement book.
Twitter is not a marketing channel (and should never be used as such) but it is a community of interested, engaged, and influential people. Meeting and getting to know these people can help you build your own community. In this useful guide, you’ll find projects to help you approach your Twitter audience in ways that are strategic, measurable, and fun.
- Put a new wrinkle on an old contest: "be the 10th person to tweet"
- Create a hashtag game around your company or products
- Instead of polling, ask your followers to help you make a product decision
- Make MadLibs out of your marketing copy or mission statement
- Hold a scavenger hunt, and relay clues via Twitter
- Organize a weekly Twitter chat on various subjects
- Solicit funny product shots, using Twitter’s photo-sharing utility
- Spontaneously tweet from a store location: "Meet me now and win!"
Table of contents
- 1. The Radio Contest
- 2. The Tweet & Eat
- 3. Hashtag Games
- 4. Twitter Market Research
- 5. Twitter AdLibs
- 6. Twitter Haiku
- 7. Photo Caption Contest
- 8. Treasure Hunt
- 9. Twitter BOGO—Buy One, Get One
- 10. Discussion Groups
- 11. Tweet Bombs
- 12. Web Scavenger Hunt
- 13. Random Retweet
- 14. A Picture is Worth 7.14 Tweets
- 15. The Star in the Crowd
- 16. Digital Hide & Seek
- 17. Smile. You’re on Camera.
- 18. Half-Off Hangman
- 19. Topic Quotes
- 20. Twitter Trivia
- 21. Twitter Telephone
- 22. Where In The World Is…?
- 23. I Feel So Close To You Right Now
- 24. I’ve Got The Golden Ticket!
- 25. Real-World Scavenger Hunt
- About the Author
- Title: #tweetsmart
- Release date: February 2012
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449309114
You might also like
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons, 2nd Edition
6+ Hours of Video Instruction More than six and a half hours of video instruction, including …
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …