In this chapter, we have moved from the official policies and processes that govern communication in an organization, to the individual skills that are integral for communication in everyday scenarios. They may seem like completely separate things, but in the workplace they are closely related.
As this chapter ends, you should have an understanding of the following:
- Organizational hierarchy based on the pyramid and how communication binds them together
- The term governance and its importance in organizations
- The policy document and what it consists of
- The relationship between a policy and a process
- An understanding of a process and its applicability in communication
- The importance of the feedback mechanism
- 7 Cs of communication:
- Conciseness ...