Pheew! We got it done! Now you should know the basics of the Yocto Project build system and be capable of extending your knowledge about it to cover other areas with much less hassle. We tried to cover the most common tasks in daily work using the Yocto Project, and there are few things you might want to practice:
- Creating bbappend files to apply patches or do other changes on a recipe
- Make your custom images
- Change the Linux kernel configuration file (defconfig)
- Change the busybox configuration and include the configuration fragments to add or remove a feature in a layer
- Add a new recipe for a package
- Make a product layer with your product-specific machines, recipes, and images
Remember, the source code is the ultimate knowledge ...