In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Basic object technology concepts, such as classes, objects, attributes, behaviors, encapsulation, inheritance and polymorphism.
• A typical Java program development environment.
• Java’s role in developing distributed client/server applications for the Internet and the web.
• The history of UML—the industry-standard object-oriented design language, the UML.
• The history of the Internet and the web.
• To test-drive Java applications.
Our life is frittered away by detail.... Simplify, simplify.
—Henry David Thoreau
The chief merit of language is clearness.
My object all sublime I shall achieve in time.
—W. S. Gilbert
He had a wonderful talent for packing thought close, and rendering ...