In this chapter you’ll learn:
static methods and fields are associated with an entire class rather than specific instances of the class.
• To use common
Math methods available in the Java API.
• To understand the mechanisms for passing information between methods.
• How the method call/return mechanism is supported by the method-call stack and activation records.
• How packages group related classes.
• How to use random-number generation to implement game-playing applications.
• How the visibility of declarations is limited to specific regions of programs.
• What method overloading is and how to create overloaded methods.
• To write and use recursive functions, i.e., functions that call themselves. ...