In this chapter you’ll learn:
• Relational database concepts.
• To use Structured Query Language (SQL) to retrieve data from and manipulate data in a database.
• To use the JDBC™ API of package
java.sql to access databases.
• To use the
RowSet interface from package
javax.sql to manipulate databases.
• To use JDBC 4.0’s automatic JDBC driver discovery.
• To use
PreparedStatements to create precompiled SQL statements with parameters.
• How transaction processing makes database applications more robust.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.
—Arthur Conan Doyle
Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever.