9. Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance
In this chapter you’ll learn:
• How inheritance promotes software reusability.
• The notions of superclasses and subclasses.
• To use keyword
extends to create a class that inherits attributes and behaviors from another class.
• To use access modifier
protected to give subclass methods access to superclass members.
• To access superclass members with
• How constructors are used in inheritance hierarchies.
• The methods of class
Object, the direct or indirect superclass of all classes in Java.
Say not you know another entirely, till you have divided an inheritance with him.
—Johann Kasper Lavater
This method is to define as the number of a class the class of all classes similar to ...