Features of Libgdx 0.97
Since the release of Libgdx Version 0.1 back in March 2010, a lot of work has been contributed in order to improve this library. The latest stable release of Libgdx is version 0.97 from November 2012, which we are going to use throughout this book.
Here is the list of features taken from the official website (http://libgdx.badlogicgames.com/features.html):
- Rendering through OpenGL ES 1.x and 2.0 on all platforms
- Custom OpenGL ES 2.0 bindings for Android 2.0 and above
- Low-level OpenGL helpers:
- Vertex arrays and vertex buffer objects
- Framebuffer objects (GLES 2.0 only)
- Shaders, integrating easily with meshes
- Immediate mode rendering emulation
- Simple shape rendering
- Automatic software or hardware mipmap generation ...