Chapter 2. Developer Tasks
In this chapter, we will describe the processes and tasks that a developer typically has to carry out during the configuration process. In addition, we will try to establish a thoughtful and well structured approach of customization with the upgrade in mind. The following topics will be discussed here:
- Initializing the local database
- Getting object definitions from the server database
- Projects and objects
- Siebel Tools options
- The development process
- Checking out
- Creating or modifying object definitions
- Validating object definitions
- Compiling object definitions
- Testing and debugging
- Checking in
- Local locking and prototyping
- Archiving object definitions
- Importing archived object definitions
- Comparing object definitions
- Searching the Siebel ...
Get Oracle Siebel CRM 8 Developer's Handbook now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.