Book descriptionThe quick-and-easy guide to effective social media marketing
Social Media for Business is the essential guide to navigating the social media maelstrom and effectively promoting your business online. You'll learn how to develop a simple marketing plan, use social media effectively and measure the results of your efforts as you turn contacts and followers into customers. This new third edition has been updated to reflect the expanding influence of Instagram, and includes Snapchat, Security, Social Influence and updated case studies that illustrate the rapid evolution of social media as a business tool. You'll learn about the recent changes to Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest and how to factor them into your strategy — as well as when to decide to transition toward or away from any specific platform.
Social media can help you expand your networks, engage with your customers and help you grow your business, but not all platforms work for all businesses. The best results come from directed effort and stellar execution, and this book shows you how to make it happen from setup to sale.
- Learn where to focus your efforts for maximum gain
- Discover the newest platforms, their demographics and their potential
- Understand key changes that can affect the way you use major platforms
- Build an effective social media presence that translates into business
Not every business needs a Facebook page, but every business does need some sort of online presence — and social media can be a high-impact, cost-effective way to reach thousands of potential customers. From building a profile to creating and curating content, Social Media for Business is packed with guidance every business owner needs.
Table of contents
- About the author
- Opening story
Chapter 1: Social media — policy, plan and profitability
- Do I need social media?
- Digital marketing and social influence
- Spoilt for choice
- How will social media grow your business?
- Your details are not safe online ... or are they?
- What if it goes wrong?
- Let’s start networking and making connections
- Getting an effective social media plan together
- Forming the social media team
- Getting a content plan
- Monitoring your social media profitability
- Chapter 2: Facebook
- Chapter 3: LinkedIn
- Chapter 4: Twitter
- Chapter 5: YouTube
- Chapter 6: Instagram
- Chapter 7: Pinterest
- Chapter 8: Snapchat
- Chapter 9: Online etiquette
- Chapter 10: Email marketing
- Chapter 11: Podcasting
- Chapter 12: Google+
- Chapter 13: Making your website work
- Chapter 14: Staying safe
- Chapter 15: Promoting yourself and getting results
- Appendix: Daisy’s social media plan
- Title: Social Media for Business
- Release date: August 2017
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730345770
You might also like
Better Business, 5/e
Conversational, question and answer approach to contemporary business introduces the business content readers need--in a better …
Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
Recent research has shown that organizations continue to experience project issues associated with the poor performance …
PMI-ACP Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner Exam Study Guide
The ultimate study package for the new PMI-ACP exam The PMI-ACP Project Management Institute Agile Certified …
Principles of Marketing, 17/e
Help readers learn how to create value through customer connections and engagement In a fast-changing, increasingly …