Now that we have a working game with a solid, reusable data structure in place, it's time to take it to the next level by adding graphics. Not only will the graphics make the game look so much nicer to play, but we can take advantage of the ease of taking user input via graphical means.
At the end of this chapter, we will have the same blackjack game as before but with a completely new look and feel.
In this chapter, we will cover the following:
- Converting a CLI application to use a GUI
- Collecting user input via Button widgets
- Creating images that can be used by Tkinter
- Displaying images with a Canvas widget
- Controlling the layout using the pack geometry manager
- Separating display logic from application ...