Praise forDemystifying Technical Training
"Demystifying Technical Training is a must-read for CLOs, managers of training, instructors, and instructional designers. All who read it will gain critical insights into how to lower the cost and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of learning."
—Wm. Douglas Harward, CEO and founder of Training Industry, Inc.
"Individuals interested in and accountable for deriving significant value from technical training investments will gain great benefit from reading this book and applying its wisdom."
—Karen Kocher, CLO at Cigna Healthcare
"Demystifying Technical Training is an essential, complete guide for any learning organization. The overviews and concepts are clearly stated, while the case studies and sidebars provide practical examples you can apply in your situation."
—Jean Barbazette, president of The Training Clinic and author of Managing the Training Function for Bottom-Line Results
"Considering the cost of acquiring and developing talent, why wouldn't all CEO/COOs insist on investing in people to improve results and reduce risk? This book demystifies the process of developing technical experts to increase the return on investment in human capital. Bravo!"
—Martin J. Menard, former group CIO at Intel Corporation
"Technical training is a key to sustaining competitiveness in the new economy. Learn how to leverage and optimize its value in your organization through this wonderfully insightful and practical resource."
—Dr. Arthur L. Jue, director of global organization and talent development at Oracle and co-author of Social Media at Work: How Networking Tools Propel Organizational Performance
"Don't be misled by the title—this book—while focusing on the often segmented world of domain specific job skills—provides guidance valid for the full spectrum of workforce learning from soft-skills to 'technical' skills."
—Ruth Clark, principal and president of Clark Training & Consulting and author of e-Learning and the Science of Instruction
Table of contents
- About This Book
- About Pfeiffer
- What Is Technical Training?
- Challenges and Opportunities for Technical Training
- Differentiators of Technical Training
- Stakeholders of Technical Training
- Technical Training Strategy
- Getting the Technical Training Agenda Funded
- Staffing the Technical Training Organization
- Technical Training Analysis, Design, and Development
Marketing of Technical Training
- Why Market Technical Training?
- Hurdles to Marketing Technical Training
- Marketing Principles Applied to Technical Training
- Common Sense and Marketing Technical Training
- Summary: The Prospect of Marketing Technical Training
- CASE STUDY: NEW PLATFORM, TRAINING, AND MARKETING FOR MICROSOFT UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS
- Technical Training Delivery and Evaluation
- ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- Title: Demystifying Technical Training: Partnership, Strategy, and Execution
- Release date: July 2009
- Publisher(s): Pfeiffer
- ISBN: 9780470420836
You might also like
What to Say in Every Job Interview: How to Understand What Managers are Really Asking and Give the Answers that Land the Job
"TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF . . ." Decode the hidden meaning behind interview questions and prepare …
The Data Warehouse Toolkit: The Definitive Guide to Dimensional Modeling, 3rd Edition
Updated new edition of Ralph Kimball's groundbreaking book on dimensional modeling for data warehousing and business …
Storytelling with Data: A Data Visualization Guide for Business Professionals
Don't simply show your data—tell a story with it! Storytelling with Data teaches you the fundamentals …
Technical Training Management - Commercial skills aligned to the provision of successful training outcomes
Wih technical skills in ever increasing demand and software updates coming thick and fast, the need …