If you want to find a one-word definition for what the GDPR is, it is: minimalism. You can say it's a minimalistic definition. What it means is that the GDPR allows you to:
- Do as little as possible.
- For as short a time as possible. Old data must be deleted.
- For as few purposes as possible.
- As correctly as possible. You are obliged to update erroneous data.
- Share with as few as possible. You must also assure their datasets are kept up to date.
- And always with proportional data protection mechanisms in place.