In the previous chapter, you learned how to use the HTTP protocol to publish your data dynamically from your devices. But HTTP is so much more. No HTTP implementation is complete without a human interface as well. This chapter continues the presentation of the HTTP protocol.
In this chapter, you'll learn how to add human user interfaces to your devices, and how you can monitor and interact with them. The chapter covers:
- How to publish file-based content
- The power of Markdown
- Publishing human-readable web content
- Authentication on the web
- How to protect your pages using a user login
- How to protect your web services using JSON Web Tokens (JWT)