“K18880” — 2014/11/6 — 12:31 — page 257 — #267
Public Transport Planning and Management in Developing Countries
49. Lohia, S.K. (2008). Urban Transport in India., Proc., Indo-US conference on Mass
Transit Travel Behavior Research 08 (MTTBR-08). IIT Guwahati, India.
50. Mackay M. (2004) A Comparison of the Sample Survey and Open House Methods of
Public Consultation for Transportation Issues in the City of Edmonton. Unpublished MSc
Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Calgary.
51. Manuel, V.S., Perez, D.V., Ramon, M.R., and Tomas, S. (2009). Public transport fund-
ing policy in Madrid: is there room for improvement? Transport Reviews, 29(2), 261-278.
52. McKinsey & Company (2008), India’s urban awakening: Building inclusive cities, sus-
taining economic growth. McKinsey Global Institute, McKinsey & Company
53. Mills, G. (1991). Commercial funding of transport infrastructure: lessons from some
Australian cases, Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, 25(3), 279-298.
54. Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (2008-2011). Road accidents in India. Gov-
ernment of India, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Transport Research Wing,
55. Ministry of Urban Development (2008); UMTC (2012); RITES (2012).
56. Mitchell, C and Town, S. (1976). Accessibility of various Cosial Groups to Diﬀering
Activities, Transport and Road Research Laboratory, Crowthorne, Berks.
57. Mumpower, J.L. (2001) Selecting and evaluating tools and methods for public partici-
pation. International Journal of Technology, Policy, and Management. 1(1): 66-77.
58. MMPG (1997), Techno-economic feasibility study of construction of Mumbai metro,
Progress Report Submitted by MMPG to Govt. of Maharashtra, India.
59. Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA). (2000), Selection of
a mass rapid transit system for Mumbai, Final Report for Greater Mumbai: The Andheri-
Ghatkopar Corridor, Mumbai, India.
60. MORTH (1999, 2000, 2003), Handbook on Transport Statistics in India. Transport
Research Oﬃce, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Delhi, India.
61. MOUD (1998). “Traﬃc and Transportation Policies and Strategies in Urban Areas in
India”. Final Report. Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
62. MOUD (2008), Study on Traﬃc and Transportation Policies and Strategies in Urban
Areas in India, Govt. of India.
63. Naganna, N. and Ramanayya, T.V. “A Critical Appraisal of Road Accessibility in Rural
Areas” presented at National Seminar on Roads and Road Transport Rural Areas, Central
Road Research Institute, New Delhi, 1985.
64. Ortuzar, J. de D. and Willumsen L.G., (1999), Modelling Transport, John Wiley and
65. PRC (1998), People Republic of China.
66. Papacostas, C.S. and Prevedouras, P.D. Transportation Engineering and Planning,
Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2002.
67. Parasuraman A., Zeithaml V A, Berry L L., 1985 A conceptual model of service quality
and its implications for future research, Journal of Marketing 49: 41-50.
68. Planning for Non-motorized Transport in Cities- DIMTS-UITP Symposium, 2010;
DDA (2007); Central Road Research Institute, Delhi; Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Pa-
like; Mobility Indicators, DULT, 2010-11; UMTC (2012); Indore Municipal Corporation;
RITES (2012); Wilbur Smith Associates (2008); Guwahati Metropolitan Development Au-
69. Planning Commission (2013) Recommendations of Working Group on Urban Transport
for 12th Five Year Plan http://planningcommission.nic.in/aboutus/committee/wrkgrp12/
hud/wg %20urban%20Transport.pdf (last accessed 06.10.2013)
70. Pucher, J., Markstedt, A., & Hirschman, I. (1983). Impacts of Subsidies on the Costs
of Urban Public Transport. Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, 17(2), 155-176.
71. Pucher, P., Korattyswaropam, N., Mittal, N., and Ittyerah, N. (2005). Urban transport
crisis in India. Transport Policy, 12, 185–198.
72. Ramanayya T.V. (2005a), Strategies for Improving proﬁtability of KSRTC, Project
Report, IIM Bangalore, India
73. Ramanayya T.V. (2005b), Holistic Organisational Transformation Strategies (HOTS)
for APSRTC, Project Report, IIM Bangalore, India