Media has most definitely evolved, as have the ways in which we contemplate, design, communicate and execute strategy. And rather than technological evolution, we're plainly in the midst of a technological revolution.
We have no choice then but to reframe marketing and PR in the context of 21st Century technology, 21st Century media and disintermediation, and 21st Century articulation of and appreciation for business strategy.
"Today, every organization is in the influence business. We influence customers to buy from us, employees to work for us, and the media to write about us. Gone are the days when you could be your own island. Now, to be successful, you need to live within the influence ecosystem and that requires a change of mindset. Fortunately, Philip Sheldrake will show you how."
Table of Contents
- Series page
- Title page
- 1 WHERE WE ARE TODAY
- 2 THE SIX INFLUENCE FLOWS
- 3 INFLUENCE
- 4 THE SOCIAL WEB
- 5 MEASUREMENT, COMPLEXITY AND INFLUENCE-CENTRICITY
- 6 THE BALANCED SCORECARD
7 THE INFLUENCE SCORECARD
- The Balanced Scorecard and the Influence Scorecard
- Taking a lead
- Influence objectives
- Influence strategy
- Mapping the influence strategy
- The Influence Scorecard and OSM
- Constructing the Influence Scorecard
- In the face of chaos
- Influence capability maturity model
- Another scorecard
- The Influence Scorecard and integrated marketing communications
- 8 INFLUENCE TRENDS
- 9 REFRAMING MARKETING AND PR
- 10 THE CHIEF INFLUENCE OFFICER AND INFLUENCE PROFESSIONAL
- 11 WHAT NOW?
- GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- Title: The Business of Influence: Reframing Marketing and PR for the Digital Age
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470978627