- The social Web consists of social media, applications, services and the network of devices
- The social Web is one of the most exciting developments in social, cultural, political and commercial history
- Social Web analytics is the application of searching, indexing, semantic analysis and business intelligence technologies to the task of identifying, tracking, listening to and participating in the distributed conversations about a particular brand, product or issue, with emphasis on quantifying the trend in each conversation’s sentiment and influence
- Being a nascent capability, social Web analytics services vary widely and each organization must appreciate its specific needs prior to procurement
- Connecting data records across various databases could deliver an ‘Awesome Analytics Advantage’.
We have a new model, clarified what we mean by influence, and explored current social analytical capabilities. The next chapter takes us into measurement, complexity and what I refer to as influence-centricity. This will take us to the point that will allow us to proceed in later chapters to consider business performance management and the Balanced Scorecard, followed by the Influence Scorecard.