Pivot your organization toward a more scalable and profitable business model.
So the question isn’t whether your organization needs to change, but when and how much.
The Network Imperative is a call to action for managers and executives to embrace network-based business models. The benefits are indisputable: companies that leverage digital platforms to co-create and share value with networks of employees, customers, and suppliers are fast outpacing the market. These companies, or network orchestrators, grow faster, scale with lower marginal cost, and generate the highest revenue multipliers.
Supported by research that covers fifteen hundred companies, authors Barry Libert, Megan Beck, and Jerry Wind guide leaders and investors through the ten principles that all organizations can use to grow and profit regardless of their industry. They also share a five-step process for pivoting an organization toward a more scalable and profitable business model.
The Network Imperative, brimming with compelling case studies and actionable advice, provides managers with what they really need: new tools and frameworks to generate unprecedented value in a rapidly changing age.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Part One THE PROMISE
Part Two THE PRINCIPLES
Introduction to the Ten Principles
- • Principle 1, Technology: From Physical to Digital
- • Principle 2, Assets: From Tangible to Intangible
- • Principle 3, Strategy: From Operator to Allocator
- • Principle 4, Leadership: From Commander to Co-creator
- • Principle 5, Customers: From Customers to Contributors
- • Principle 6, Revenues: From Transaction to Subscription
- • Principle 7, Employees: From Employees to Partners
- • Principle 8, Measurement: From Accounting to Big Data
- • Principle 9, Boards: From Governance to Representation
- • Principle 10, Mindset: From Closed to Open
- Aspire to These Ten Principles
- Introduction to the Ten Principles
- Part Three THE PIVOT
- Part Four THE PRACTICE
- About the Authors
- Title: The Network Imperative
- Release date: June 2016
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633692060
You might also like
The Business Model Book
Business models are the beating heart of your firm's value proposition. Great business models drive rapid …
Leading Digital: Turning Technology into Business Transformation
Become a Digital Master—No Matter What Business You’re In the other 90-plus percent of the economy? …
The Little Book of Big Management Theories, 2nd Edition
101 management theories from the world’s best management thinkers – the fast, focussed and express route …
Artificial Intelligence in Practice
Cyber-solutions to real-world business problems Artificial Intelligence in Practice is a fascinating look into how companies …