In this chapter you’ve seen the importance of favoring the use of Value Objects whenever possible, because they are simply easier to develop, test, and maintain.
• You’ve learned the characteristics of Value Objects and how to use them.
• You’ve seen how to leverage Value Objects to minimize integration complexity.
• You examined the use of domain Standard Types expressed as Values and have a few strategies for implementing them.
• You saw why SaaSOvation now favors modeling with Values whenever possible.
• You gained experience in how to test, implement, and persist Value types through the SaaSOvation projects.
Next, we’ll be looking at Domain Services, stateless operations that are actually part of the model.