To help you get the most from the text and keep track of what's happening, we've used a number of conventions throughout the book.
As for styles in the text:
- We italicize new terms and important words when we introduce them.
- We show keyboard strokes like this: Ctrl+A.
- We show file names, URLs, and code within the text like so: persistence.properties.
- We present code in two different ways:
We use a monofont type with no highlighting for most code examples.
- We use bold to emphasize code that is particularly important in the present context or to show changes from a previous code snippet.