Get full access to The Art of Helping and 60K+ other titles, with free 10-day trial of O'Reilly.
There's also live online events, interactive content, certification prep materials, and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
1. HELPING AS A WAY OF LIFE
• For Better or Worse
II. THE HELPING PROCESS
2. THE HELPEE’S CONTRIBUTION— INTRAPERSONAL PROCESSING
• Involvement in Processing
• Exploring Human Experiences
• Understanding Human Goals
• Acting upon Programs
• Feedbacking Information
3. THE HELPER’S CONTRIBUTION— INTERPERSONAL PROCESSING
• Attending to Facilitate Involvement
• Responding to Facilitate Exploring
• Personalizing to Facilitate Understanding
• Initiating to Facilitate Acting
• Facilitating Feedback
III. HELPING SKILLS
4. ATTENDING—INVOLVING THE HELPEE
• Preparing for Attending
• Attending Personally
• Listening ...
Get The Art of Helping now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from nearly 200 publishers.
Get Mark Richards’s Software Architecture Patterns ebook to better understand how to design components—and how they should interact.
Dive in for free with a 10-day trial of the O’Reilly learning platform—then explore all the other resources our members count on to build skills and solve problems every day.